Monday, December 04, 2006

21 days...

May I paint you a little picture?

I have a European Art History exam that requires my immediate and intense attention, and a room that needs a desperate cleaning.

What am I doing? So far today, I've eaten a lot of crap, drank alot of water, watched some of the worst music videos I've ever seen, downloaded some music...basically, I haven't torn myself from the couch. And now Question Period's on the old CBC, so it doesn't look like I'll be moving any time soon...

The Canadian Politics Update all of you are waiting for?
Here it is: the Liberal Party just elected a new leader, Stephan Dion. He's from Quebec, and was elected on a platform of reform for the party and idealistic change for the country. I was pretty surprised Dion came out on top, my money was on Gerard Kennedy (literally, I lost 5 bucks), but in the end I think he'll be a decent choice. Someone was telling me they thought the fact that he was from Quebec might hurt the party's chances in Western Ridings, particulairly from Alberta. To which I say: did you really think the Liberals were going to pull off any Albertan votes anyway? And really, is it SO terrible if the Liberals win a majority and our Lone Star Canadians feel alienated once again? I don't think I really meant that. ...

Jack Leighton just said "ass" but i didn't catch the context...oh i think he was asking about the Government's "big ass, i mean gas" something like that...Speaking of Jack Leighton, can someone find the man some Vallium? He's killing my party.

If I could do one thing for my country it'd be this: implement proportionate representation. Details in the next post perhaps.

A photo to leave you with?

Well, here's the story. My good friend Cherry just got married to another friend, Dustin Wiebe. I've never known to people more anxious to set themselves apart. To embrace difference and artfully realise originality. Their wedding was no exception and no let down, I wish I had some photos to leave with you.

The Ceremony took place in their friend's backyard...that's right, outside in the 3 feet of snow. It started at 7pm and lasted about 20 minutes, cherry wore this beautiful coat over her jacket, and the bridesmaids all wore jackets over their dresses, but alot of bare legs...my briliant self included. It was about -31 C. which is about -23 F, so pretty bleeding cold, but so beautiful. There were candles in tin cans hanging from all the trees, the bridesmaids carried lanterns, and we, the witnesses, watched the ceremony through branches and flickering light. Paired with the fierce cold, the experience was literally breathtaking.

It was cloudy and snowed for most of the wedding day, however, the next morning, as my roommate and I headed back to the city, there they were: Sun dogs. Yet another seminal experience of the Manitoba sky.


none of these were taken in Manitoba. The one above looks most like home. Sun dogs are formed by the bending of sunlight by ice crystals in the air. There's a fancy name for them, I can't remember it. Is this common information to all my PacRim pals? Well, regardless, they're a beautiful truth.

1 comment:

Sharelle said...

Did you say "Pac-Rim" pals?I think you did.
Oh Bonnie - how I miss you. Maybe next time I come to the Peg I will expeirence some of this "beauty" i hear so much about.
haha.
j.k.
love the peg, love it.