Thursday, June 01, 2006

finally, a realized goal...

michelle, julia, sadie...allll women who've accomplished something I have not: had The Beatles play a song for them. (And technically Patty...as in Boyd as in "Something")

Or so I thought. I recently hosted/mc'd a Tribute to the Beatles' night at the brand new Centennial Concert Hall in Winkler. (The night featured 4 local bands who all played Beatles' covers in sort of a chronological format...) Anyhow, I put together a bit of a slideshow to flip through while I was making the segways between acts, and as I was fishing around for photos (Juuuuust the most illegal night in history by the way...), I came across this:
thaaaaat's right my friends. The Beatles' first recording, (backing up Tony Sheridan), "My Bonnie". daaaaaamn straight. And I spent most of my life hating that song with a fiery passion. It just doesn't seem so bad right now.

Other updates...welllll....today's my first day off in a pretty long time. The good old Winkler Aquatic Centre. Have I mentioned I spend most of my days just trying to understand the Menno-ese that goes on? For example: "Can I come to bathe now, already?" You really need the accent to get the full picture...It's like Yoda meets Oma.

anyhow. iii have to go write 4 essays by two o'clock. little freaked out. Each of them: 1500 words. shiza.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Yoda meets Oma? Mark and James have given me a greater understanding of the complexity of language that is Low German.
Essays? In summer?

Sharelle said...

friend -

if anyone understands the essays in summer, its me. i have to write here, and neither are even close to completion. it seems like life should get easier in the summer. but it doesn't. i am not sure it ever does.

but now the good news: i am learning about the battle of britain, and feeling like teaching that to students one day is going to be surreal. ww II - blowing my mind.

i'm a geek. and i miss you. a whole heck of a lot...

Sharelle said...

i meant to say - i am writing two essays.
oh gosh - the lamest addition ever.

Anonymous said...

oma meets yoda - exactly!! that made me laugh...