Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Big News Department...



So, I've been getting a bit of flack for the "lack of updates". It's a little disconcerting thaaaat you people don't know me well enough to know that obviously, there's nothing to update on. Well that's not entirely true. My good friend Maver, whom I do not as of yet have a picture of, just got baptised. THat's worth an update I think.

What else.....pretty much, I love Christ a lot. I mean, I'm stinking in love with Him. And yet I prostitute myself to the world. And I fail miserably. And I wake up and I still love him. Why am I telling you this? I'm not entirely sure. Let's face it, it's not that earth-shatteringly profound. But what's interesting to me is that I see my love becoming more and more unconditional of myself. So my love of Christ isn't based on the service I'm allowed to do. This is some seriously unfinished thought and I'm not even going to pretend it's going to get done. Ever.


beeeecause.....me and bill and heath and ev and my good friend Timmy (hailing from Northern Ireland) are taking off for Chicago in a whopping 6 minutes. (According to heath 6 minutes but for the record it's also 1:00pm and yesterday the word was that we were to be in the van at 6:00am...) ANd Tim's visit is going very well I think he's just bored out of his mind. SO if any of yous wants to take out a young chap from Northern Ireland,...let me know


2 comments:

Sharelle said...

i miss you.
i really do.
can we live close,and hang out after work?
i know...not really.
enjoy chicago.

Anonymous said...

sooooo did you get the cd? sorry it took so long, i'm lazy. have fun in chicago, try not to die of heat!