Monday, November 01, 2010

Top 5 Top 5's

74 hours on a bus this summer. We made lists. They inspired me to make these.

Top 5 Seinfeld (the show) lines:
1. Kramer: "Hoochie Mama!"
2. Elaine (to sleeping guy on plane...in coach): "HEY"
3. Elaine (re: George's toupe): "I don't like this thing! And here's what I'm doing with it..."
4. George : "Jerk store. Jerk store is the line. JERK STORE."
5. (drunk) Elaine (to Jerry in India): "Goodnight, Jugdish"

Top 5 things I wish I owned:
1. a Canon EOS 60D
2. these lights:

3. this hummingbird melon baller:


4. this headboard:


5. these owl bookends:


Top 5 Things To Do In The Morning:
1. sip coffee
2. act silly with Caleb
3. appreciate how great i look when i'm 'fresh faced' (sometimes. see number 4)
4. laugh at how terrible i look after a simple night's rest
5. eat breakfast.

Top 5 Songs I Listened To Today:
1. "Makin' Out" - Pomplamoose
2. "Wolves" - Phosphorescent (thank you spi & k.sol)
3. "Oh Johnny Oh Johnny Oh" - The Andrews Sisters
4. "To Be Alone With You" - Sufjan Stevens
5. "Heart of Gold" - Neil Young

Top 5 Stories (other people tell, but I've told to myself recently):
1. David once told this story at a dinner party...that his sister in law saw a little boy hanging from the side of a pick up truck, his feet a few inches off the ground. He was holding onto the side of the truck for quite a while when she walked by and heard him say, very quietly, "won't somebody help the boy?"
2. Jody's story about a rogue babboon who stole a bag of Melissa's mangoes in Zambia.
3. Caleb used to work at Pizza Hut. Once he had to take a grease tray from something outside and empty it in the dumpster. But when he opened up the dumpster a bunch of birds flew up and were swarming him trying to get the grease. So he waved them off WITH the grease tray which meant he ended up accidentally pouring have the grease onto his head. Also, a girl he was trying to impress was coming out to visit the next day. (He couldn't get it out by then...I'm crying right now I'm laughing so hard.)
4. The best/worst week at the 2-4: Jody sees a mouse. We wreck the apartment trying to find it. I go on a date. I come home, Jody's crouched on the footstool holding the ribbon tied to our homemade mouse trap (garbage can, kleenex box, ribbon). Call in Bill to set traps. Couple days later, hot water pipe bursts in bathroom. Yikes. Awesome.
5. This is one I tell: Once, Caleb and I were walking down Corydon Avenue. I think it was kind of early in the day or something, anyway, there weren't alot of other people walking around. Anyway, Caleb and I were discussing my policy about not running for buses. "I just never want to be that guy...that's still running even though the bus is looong gone." All of a sudden Caleb is acting out "that guy" - he's pretending he's holding his backpack on one shoulder, hailing the bus with his other arm yelling "HOLD....HOLD...HOOOOLLLLD." I started crying with laughter. I couldn't walk, I just stood there crouched over laughing and crying while Caleb did the same back toward me. Just as this is all occuring this very large man walks out of the corner store and is both walking toward us and watching us. As I inch my way past him still laughing, still crying, still half-crouched over, and as Caleb keeps running up ahead yelling "hold" to the imaginary bus, this guy looks at me and lets out a couple of (slow) "HA...HA....HA's" and then as we pass him he yells "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!" and raises his fist in the air (a la Breakfast Club last scene.) It kind of changed my life.

1 comment:

from mel said...

can i see bonnie in the morning again someday? :) i can't believe we have to live so far apart. i love your writing so, so much. and i've missed you. please write more on here, pal. i just...love it.

how has your life been?