Wednesday, September 22, 2010

i just wanted somebody to know

that the weather in Winnipeg is miserable at the moment. and the day at the office was a little hectic. made all the more frantic by the fact that the boiler isn't on yet so everything's a little frigid. i rounded out the afternoon by putting up posters in the freezing cold rain.

the upside was that i put up posters on my way to a meeting at a very warm cafe. however the short walk home still left me and my new shoes in a dismal way.

but now i finally am home. i have an electric blanket at my back. my feet are dry. my cat is calm at at my side. i am keen to get an assignment finished and i may even finish a blog post i started last week. (not this one).

all this to say, i'm having a very nice moment. the kind of moment you just want to tell someone else about to make sure it has a little more staying power.

and this is the painting that's been flitting through my mind all day.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

i know those moments.
usually, you kind of want someone there to share it with you, but more than that, you just want to be alone.
i get it.
and i love reading about it.