Sunday, September 10, 2006

soooo much useless crap...

quite a while ago, a good, wise friend wrote a post about beautiful words of the english language. (I tried to make a link to said post but i couldn't really find it annnnd i gave up pretty easy. It was posted on Sharelle's Show 'n Share for the blog world keeners...(janzen..) just kidding). It came to my attention that there are some pretty fricking ugly words floating around as of late and i juuuuust wanted to point out a couple, a couple I wish I could eradicate from the world. The first being "emo" but I think it's moreso the cultural phenomenon that pisses me off rather than the actual word, but i still feel like it's a stupid word. The second being "dramedy" (one might refer to Little Miss Sunshine as a "dramedy".) Now, as Kristina well knows, and most of you should know, i am a preeeettty big fan of the word merge, or, the werge, but this one just sucks balls. Really I think film genres are better left unmerged, and I kid you not, I overheard someone discussing Snakes On A Plane as a "comaction" and I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

In other news, the Golden Age (the apartment formerly known as the Gord Downie) is well underway to being settled and comfortable. Oh boy I did want to kill myself yesterday afternoon, as I was alone in the apartment and I stood in the kitchen just as the last of the kitchen light bulbs burnt out, leaving only jody's room and the living room with working lightbulbs. The real problem being that the cielings are fricking 12 feet high and I couldn't reach any of the light fixtures until Jody got back that evening and we had to haul the kitchen table from room to room...sooooo much fun.

Tonight, off to St. Maggy's, to hear my good old David Widdicomb speak about Revelations. there will be definite Shitting of pants, rest assured.

3 comments:

Spiro said...

ready for a professor moment?

oh i better not say.

can't

resist.


revelation. it's revelation. it's just, revelation.


what about a mockumentary? that merge never really bothered me...

Sharelle said...

i think i am going to have to agree with you on said point. this dramedy business is garbage. i am going to have to be honest though, i did adopt the term "rom-com" from the Brits to describe a well loved genre of mine. But that merge has been in long existence, so I think its allowed.

i like how you still call my blog "sharelle's show n share" even though i changed it to "and they say poetry is dead" to try and be pretentious or something. what a joke. thanks for keeping me humble. haha.

bonnie - i miss you and just wish we could have rants like this one every frickin day.

Kristina said...

favorite word merge ever:
stross.
The best part, it's a BD Orig.
end of story.