Wednesday, August 30, 2006

does anyone even check this?...

well. she's back. let me juuuuuust try to throw down a little update...let's seeee....I've spent the summer working. Working and reading. To date best books I've read this summer (By the way, the majority of this post, if not its entirety, will be devoted to books, movies and music. As our good friend and hero Rob Gordon once stated "call me shallow, these things are important". Amen.) so best books of the summer: The Dharma Bums -Jack Kerouac, Everything is Illuminated - Jonathan...something, I started reading Moby Dick but then lost the book just as i was starting to get hooked, i don't even know what else I read. A lot of magazines actually. Lots of the old Rolling Stone.

Now, the real motivation behind this post? Well, Bonnie and Bill spent the day in the city yesterday, juust kicking around, hanging out, ranting, laughing, jolly sorts of things. (We hang out in the city together for a day every now and then..it's a pretty great time). Sure enough, as usually happens, we end up going to see a movie.

I'm sure most of you have seen this by now, actually I hope you have or I hope you will soon, because without any exaggeration, it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. One of those moments in the theatre when you wish everyone you knew, everyone that was even slightly important to you filled all the seats, leaving illuminated, peacefull and knowing you better. The film was Little Miss Sunshine and I just can't wait to throw it on to every top 5 I ever do for the rest of my life. It was just that grand.

I knew I should've written about this yesterday. Maybe I'll go see it again today. There're just so many things that are Right in that film. Speeeectacular. and the characters are immaculant.


Tell me you've all seen it, or you're going tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a GREAT movie, i definitely loved it. Evan and I went to see it yesterday, Original plan was to see invincible, with marky mark, but I won out with Little Miss Sunshine.
I Loved when Olive convinces Dwayne to go along to the pageant, and Steve Carell just cracked me up, what he says to people.
SUCH a good movie.

Sharelle said...

so pleased to see that good rocky is not dead.
i had this sick feeling it was over there for a little while, but good rocky is faithful. i know that now. haha.

wow did i ever love that movie. wish we lived in the same town so we could watch it together. you are great, and i sure freakin miss you.

from mel said...

...i'm so glad we could enjoy that seperatly thousands of miles apart. now time to enjoy it together.

i freaking miss you, bon.

Kristina said...

I love how the CP's are alive on this one.
The movie was fantastic.
I loved the [last] scene between the grandfather and the girl in the hotel room, when he tells her that she's beautiful.
And I pretty much died everytime the Nietzsche kid wrote a note like "I hate everyone". So classic.
And it killed me that the first word out of his mouth after not talking for nine months was "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"
Sounds like Heath.
Good Rocky's Revival indeed.

from mel said...

Bon.

tonight i was at a party at someone's house and guess what crept over the loudspeakers? that's right. a little obla-di-obla-da. it made me think of you. i even danced a little. most people didn't even know the words. it was a bit sad. wish you were there.

but on FRIDAY! what a COOL thing it was to hear your voice (even if it was for only a fifteen minutes) what happened? we disconnected? ...i want to talk to you more. it was so cool to hear your voice. we have so much to catch up on, when is a good time to chat?

farewell my dear Canadian!
love,
mel

Christy Childers said...

i check it. & that movie rocked.

Spiro said...

oh man i loved this movie. i love those moments where you want to laugh so hard, but you look over in the theater, and someone is crying-- or has a frightened look on their face.

tell me if you think it's lame that i only went based on the bit of information that sufjan was on the soundtrack. oh well, good call about it being on a top 5. i need to see it again.