Thursday, December 22, 2005

aaa little e-trospection...

I realized the other day, that I certainly do not use this blog, or at least I rarely use this blog, to express anything of great importance to me. That is, it's not exactly a venue of personal thought revealed for me. In the wake of this epiphany I've spent much time trying to decide why exactly that is.

So far, I'm not entirely sure apart from the obvious: it's too public and I'm too embarassed. Actually, not so much embarassed as aware of the sort of obscure and irrelevant nature of most of what I think or write.

But you see what's strange is this; I love to write. I likely enjoy writing more than speaking, so why not take advantage of this uninterrupted forum? Probably, because I can't choose (annnnd yes this is full on snobbery) who reads it. Somethings are not written for everyone, and the things that are, if I decide to write them down, should be bound in a book.

So for now, a blog, to me, a place of simple thought. Personal and honest, but certainly not intimate. Some things should remain sacred.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Of course your thoughts should be bound up in a gorgeous green clothbound book, something like what is described in Franny and Zooey. But then, after defeating this task, you cease writing and not just throw the pages away but burn them!
Oh my friend my friend,
What a tragedy.
One day, i look forward to reading a book with Bronwyn J. Dowling on the cover near the bottom in small print.

aejrussin said...

i say boo-urns to sacred things, and boo-urns to embarressment!

there is nothing in the world but a an ongoing dialogue of ideas and it is indeed the case that you have many of them.

what else do we have but these authentic projects of trial and/or error?

don't believe what they say. thought and action are one in the same thing. even at their furthest, they are feeders of one another.

aejrussin said...

perhaps i meant "fed by one another". yes. let us just imagine i had said this instead.

...confounded lack of edit button...

Spiro said...

boo-urns... haven't heard that in a couple years...