Monday, October 17, 2005

Sharelle Seinfeld...


So, I have this friend named Sharelle.
She was pretty much my personal Jerry Seinfeld while at Capernwray. By which, I mean to say, this kid takes serious joy, and brings me the greatest joy in noticing life. I'd like to say I have an earth shattering example that'd make you dump your pants, but no-retelling of mine could do a Drewlo rant any sort of justice.

I will say this though: to noone else at Capernwray was the store where you bought things straight out of the catalogue and then they just bring it out from the back for you....I stinking can't remember what that place was called, but Sharelle will know. **sharelle just let me know it was called "Argos"** And I'll also say this: When I set off the alarm paddles at Boots, and we had to make the bus in less than 4 minutes, I don't think I know another soul that would've thought as I did "We should just run".



So, I dedicate this phenomenal source of joy of mine to Sharelle, I can't wait to show it to her. About a block away from the Gord Downie Suite, on the way to Harry's Foods, there's this delicious little store front, whose windows are clad with plastic plants, big Greek flags and a cling-on mimic of the Parthenon. This, is the Athens Social Club: Members Only. Every so often, we pass the Social club later in the day so we can see inside, only to be greeted by the lively faces of 6-7 older Greek men. Today, I noticed once again: the social club operates from 2:00pm (and this I quote) "until late". This, this is a monumental source of my love for this city. I really can't wait to take Sharelle there.

2 comments:

Kathryn Dechant said...

That brought the BIGGEST smile to my face.

Sharelle said...

i don't even know what to say.
except that i am honoured.
truly honoured...
i can't wait to see the social club.

and the store is called argos...