Saturday, July 30, 2005

That's some smoking chapstick...



So, I need to send a little shout out to some people I know. And by some I mean all. Or pretty close to all at least. I spent tonight with just a couple people I know, but I was drawn in again and again to the phenomenal and unparalleld wisdom, character and emulatence of Christ I find in all of them. And I'm talking everyone here. I'm thinking of a hundred people I know whom I try on a daily basis to become. All I am is recollection of people I've met. I started writing this post the other day about 4 people I met at Capernwray, and hopefully one of these days I'll finish it and actually be able to post it, but there's just too much material. Too many blessings crammed into to many occassions. I just wish everyone could know, I am awe struck by Christ mediated through companionship.

At the moment I'm feeling somewhat drunk with a sort of sheepish gratitude. (Mingled with pride and feelings of severe inadequacy...) I just wish I could master this language and say exactly what it is I mean to say. One day I suppose I'll learn to speak. Me and Austin that is...

Now, let me just quickly explain the picture above. While I was in England, I went into a Body Shop store to find some chapstick. Actually, I think I just followed someone inside and wasn't intending to buy anything. While I was inside (keeping in mind I hadn't been in england long) I found Co-coa butter chapstick for 3pounds. My brain still calculating in dollars thought Wow! Cheap chapstick. About an hour and a half later I realize, wow, I think I paid about 7 CDN dollars for a freaking chapstick. Sure enough, sure did. Great. THEN to top things off, I thought I lost it about a week later. HOWEVER, guess what I found in my backpack two days ago...shooocker.

No comments: