Tuesday, August 07, 2007

following suit...

Inspired by (and poached from) Spiro, I thought I'd send out a little update, mostly because I am not suzy-q-on-top-of-it and subscribe more often to the envisioned rather than the actualized reply to various 'update' emails from friends and family and the like...

So, here we are, top 10 things I've been up to:

Jeopardy
bonnie & mead weekdays at 4:30. Game on.

Reading
Picks for Summer'07: Moby Dick by Herman Melville(x2); The Humanity of God by Karl Barth; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows (shut up you pbf's) by J.K. Rowling (sttiiiillll working on it.) & a few Orthodox church essays on gender and sexuality.

Gardening
I know alot about weeds now. My Green Team Partner (Liz) and I garden for St. Margaret's and a few senior citizens that live in the area.

Kid's Camp-ing
Liz & I planned and ran a children's day camp out of St. Margaret's the second week in July. Hectic. & Fantastic.

Weddings
It wouldn't be a summer without them. Attended 3 so far (joyfully), skipped 2 (pitifully), missing 1 (sadly), 2 still to come (shitting-my-pants-edly).

Scrabble
Caleb & I have probably squeezed in upwards of 30 games this summer. Life is good. I get my ass handed to me every time. Best word yet: "Quite"...tripple letter score on the Q...no big deal.

Studying/Writing/Reading/Screaming & crying
I finally finished the second half of Public Admin:Macro on July 25th. I started the course, along with one other 6 credit hour job at the beginning of May. Let's just say: if there's a hell, it probably looks alot like UofW in June.

Anglican-ising
I've just continued to fall madly in love with St. Margaret's parish and the Anglican Communion worldwide. I'd sleep there if they let me.

Walking
still no car, still no problem.

Writing
let's just say, there's going to be another bonfire at the one-twenty-one.

Shout-outs: Franklin, Zadie and Jody: my favourite roommates.






6 comments:

Spiro said...

hey, you actually have ten.

Spiro said...

can we play speed scrabble while you're out here? it's without the board, and we love it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharelle said...

dowling...

thats it. i must come to the peg this fall.
i cannot resist.
i need some scrabble, some potter discussion (i am also reading it, and trying to maintain some dignity)..and most of all...

i need you my friend.
you are missed.

Anonymous said...

who is this person using my name?
Byron Oram

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.