Sunday, April 23, 2006

so many clouds that you didn't notice any of them...

So. The wind walked me home tonight. Along with Ben Folds and a couple other friends. Needless to say, I walked the long way around.

The service tonight was something indescribeable. It's interesting in hearing a sermon which you felt you could have given, because the reaction is hardly "i already knew this" but moreso, "i had no idea that was legitimate" and is therefore, an incredibly encouraging event.

I've been thinking alot about Thomas lately. Rather, I've been consumed by doubt lately. This is a touchy subject to bring up for a couple of reasons but mostly because it seems like 'to doubt' has become a bit of a trend lately, and to be sure of something must have meant you hadn't thought it through, so then i start to wonder, have I just placed my faith in doubt? (iiii feel like that sounded a liiiiiiiittle Cary Bradshaw, no?)

I'd really like to write about how I've come to understand Thomas and habit and worship, but there's something about blogging that just shuts me up like you wouldn't believe. So i'll try to work it out for myself with some paper and a pencil, and from there, see what materializes. Tonight, I really just wanted to write about my walk home.

The most spectacular thing was this: The sky was still bright, but overcast, only in a beautifully periwinkle hue, and to look up was to be lost in a forest of knotted, spontaneous and wondorously dark silhouettes. And I think I realized, that was all I really needed.














It looks like it's going to rain tonight, which is mostly unfortunate for all those chalk drawings on the sidewalks; it was otherwise a gloriously warm day today.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

i think i remembered tonight how much i missed you, after all, this is the reason i ask you what you think about, because you say the things i always hope people say when asked that question.
It's moments like this that make me realize that nothing is a mistake. and that beauty can save us.

the tapered pant said...

beauty? beauty is fleeting.