Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Finally...it's come back to me...

You know the song "Rapture", included on the seminal album "Control", created by our great friend Pedro the Lion?

I realize I toss this phrase around a lot, but
it kills me. I'm not sure I can really unpack that, well, certainly not electronically. For one it involves hand gestures. For two, part of the magnificence of Pedro's songs are their sort of intimatly universal qualities. That is, what I derive as a lyric's meaning will probably be dissimilar to another's experience of it. Which just makes it seem like one of those things that's better expressed in a smaller conversation.

I just thought I'd throw that out there, so maybe one of you will go and listen to the song, or maybe the cd, and hopefully be blessed.

1 comment:

Spiro said...

I was listening to it the other day. I completely agree.