Saturday, June 11, 2005

i just had one more thing to say...

ok I just have to say this: does anyone else get freaking overwhelmed with music? Because it's like a sickness for me. I am in the process of rearranging my cds and there are quite a few, but here's the thing: there are sooo many more that I need. And I really mean need. Not to mention, and listen, I love this country like many of you can't really understand, but let me just say this: if I am told one more time that "the album you're looking for hasn't been released in Canada" I might go crazier than a ____house rat. at the moment, top 5 albums I'm looking for and can't find:
(in no particular order)
1. Stephen Malkmus-"Face The Truth"
2. 13th Floor Elevators -"The Psychadelic Sounds of..."
3. Sufjan Stevens-"Greetings From Michigan" (actually, sad story, finally found a copy after looking forever, bought it, got home, stepped on it, cracked that bad boy in two. But then I framed it and it looks pretty cool)
4.Marah-"20,000 streets under the sky" (and yes that is a literary reference...can anyone name it?)
5. Billy Bragg and Wilco-Mermaid Avenue (I keep finding the freaking second one)

Obviously, the list goes on and on and on. It's really just your garden variety trying-to-be-cool-and-not-pretentious-but-really-there's-no-hope stuff. Top 3 albums I can't get enough of at the moment:
1. Neil Young & Crazy Horse-"Everybody Knows this is Nowhere"
2.Freaking Arcade Fire. kick me in the face Funeral is a good album.
3. The Weakerthans-Reconstruction site

wow nothing new and cool and "emo" (kill me now) on that list....shocker. or trendy...well I'm just uncool guys. All the more reason to quit the blog. annnd the most played Beatles' album as of recently: Re-freaking-volver.

and just for good measure: a picture

this is why I love manitoba,

it said Milwaukee Road

1 comment:

Holly said...

YES arcade fire. YES sufjan stevens. and always YES beatles. so good.